Following the successes of his debut LP ‘The High Exhaulted’ and his most recent sophomore album ‘The Life and Times of Peter Nelson’, Copywrite found himself at a crossroad. The Columbus, Ohio rapper had first become popular in the underground scene for his battle raps and witty punch lines. With the release of ‘Life and Times of Peter Nelson’, Copywrite found critical success by being more honest and candid about his life. Some fans yearned for the Copywrite who ripped other rappers to shreds; while critics and newer fans appreciated the deeper more introspective side of Copywrite. Mix all of that in along with the deaths of a few close friends and family members that have taken place since ‘The Life and Times of Peter Nelson’ was released a year ago emboldened Copywrite to strengthen himself in his faith to change his content moving forward. What this offers the listener is a true look into the artist, who starts something one way, but finishes it in a different manner.
With his third album ‘God Save the King’, the 32-year-old delivers an honest record that reaches for new creative heights. ‘God Save The King’ will be released on February 28th.
Tracklisting and credits for Copywrite’s ‘God Save The King’:
1. ‘Post-Apocalyptic Request Box’ (produced by Jason Rose)
2. ‘Love’ f/ Tage Future of MHz (produced by Bronze Nazareth)
3. ‘Swaggot Killaz’ f/ Jakki Da Motamouth
4. ‘Mouth of MHz’ (produced by !llmind)
5. ‘Sorrow’ f/ Illogic & Don Jaga (produced by Stu Bangas)
6. ‘Man Made’ f/ Rockness Monstah of Heltah Skeltah (produced by Jason Rose)
7. ‘J.O.Y.’ f/ Jason Rose & Torae (produced by Jason Rose)
8. ‘Union Rights’ f/ MHz (produced by Khrysis)
9. ‘Yo! MTV Raps! (Money for Nothing)’ f/ Jason Rose (produced by Jason Rose)
10. ‘Blue Ribbon’ (produced by Bronze Nazareth)
11. ‘Miracle’ (produced by S.G. on the Traxxx)
12. ‘G$K’ (produced by Stu Bangas)
13. ‘Workahol’ (produced by Stu Bangas)
14. ‘White Democrats’ f/ Mac Lethal (produced by Jason Rose)
15. ‘Golden State (Of Mind)’ f/ Evidence, Roc Marciano & Casual (produced by Vanderslice)
16. ‘Synesthesia’ (produced by RJD2)
17. ‘Got to Make It’ f/ Tage Future (produced by Stu Bangas)
18. ‘Talk With Jesus’ (produced by Poetiq Beetz)
Check out Copywrite ‘Swaggot Killaz’ via Hulkshare below.