Dickerson: Defending Hip Hop Like Trying To Be Tariq Aziz

Why aren’t more African-Americans speaking out against gangsta rappers like ? Author Debra Dickerson tells Bill O’Reilly on his ‘O’Reilly Factor’ program there is an outcry within the Black community but it’s been more private than public. “I came on this show — over the last couple of days finally — and I realize I was trying to find a way to be Tariq Aziz,” she said, referring to Iraq’s Deputy Prime Minister under Saddam Hussein’s rule. “I was trying to find a way to defend what I know to be indefensible just in the name of sort of racial solidarity. But I think this is a moment — Chuck D of said that rap is the black CNN. I think 5 percent of it is. The other 95 percent is the black psycho ward, and when you read these lyrics — I spent the last couple of days doing that. I was blown away by how — aside from just how antisocial it is, how frightening and terrifying and the bravado and the fear of women that would be laughable, if it was not so deplorable.” Check out the entire transcript here.


Related News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

rapdirt.com